By the end of 2014, more people will be accessing the Web using their mobile device than they do using a computer. The way consumers are searching for local businesses has dramatically changed in the last few years, and this fact should have you rethinking your marketing plan.
You have a professional website that is helping to grow your business, but you would be gaining even more customers (and outdoing your competitors) if you invested in a mobile-friendly site. Mobile devices have become a prevalent source of constant and readily available information for your customers. According to Google, 89% of respondents in “The Mobile Movement” study use their smartphones several times throughout the day to access the Internet.
Having a user-friendly mobile website keeps customers engaged on your pages, reflects positively on your business, and delivers the message that you care about your customers. According to Google, users are 61% more likely to leave a site on their mobile device if it is not mobile friendly. However, for those sites that are mobile friendly, users are 67% more likely to buy.
|The Mobile Revolution is Here! Check out these crazy mobile stats!|
What does it mean to make your site “mobile-friendly”?
A “mobile-friendly” site is one that is formatted to fit the variable screen sizes of a smartphone or tablet. Rebuilding your site using a responsive website design provides an excellent mobile solution that will display your mobile content in the cleanest, most effective way.
Investing in a responsive site design is imperative for any business wanting to take advantage of the ever-increasing size of the mobile marketplace. The advantages of a responsive site include an elegant screen display, full site functionality, and enhanced search engine optimization . A business will then be able to affordably and easily maintain one website that displays images and content correctly on all devices – desktop, laptop, tablet, and smartphone. Take control of your mobile future and don’t miss out on opportunities from the growing mobile community!
The Web Guys can transform your website by:
- Making the pages more compact to be optimally viewed by users on their smartphones.
- Avoiding multimedia elements that are not compatible with mobile devices.
- Showing on-the-go users what they’re most likely looking for – maps, contact information like “click to call,” and hours of operation.
- Giving customers a fast loading website for quick information.
What are the benefits of optimizing your site for mobile users?
- Satisfaction. Customers are going to be more satisfied using a mobile-friendly site and stay on the page longer because of the ease of use.
- Retention. Don’t let your customers or potential customers get frustrated and search for another site that is already mobile-friendly.
- Competition. Stay ahead of the competition by having an easy-to-use mobile site.
- Speed. Mobile-friendly websites will load faster than sites that haven’t been optimized.
For businesses seeking local customers, a mobile-friendly website is essential. According to Google, an astonishing 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information using their mobile device, and 77% have contacted a business after looking at its mobile website. Without appealing to these potential customers and their search methods, you are missing out on business.
Infographic courtesy of EverythingMobile.
With more and more people using smartphones, it’s never too late to get into the game and make sure your website is mobile friendly. If you are interested in transforming your current website into a mobile-friendly website, contact The Web Guys for more information.
We will help you decide what best suits your business needs and then choose the online marketing strategies that will benefit your business the most. Call The Web Guys at 317-805-4933, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your website’s mobile-friendly transformation today!